During these exceptional times safeguarding the welfare of our customers and employees is our top priority and that involves adapting our way of working in some areas. We are doing everything possible to anticipate, prepare for and minimise any potential disruption.
With this in mind, following the latest UK Government advice our Canon Service & Repair Centre will reopen on 20th May 2020, however to limit the risk of infection we are only accepting repairs sent in via courier.
To receive assistance on how to send in your repair or return your product by courier, please contact our customer service team on 0207 660 3510 or email: email@example.com.
There may be a delay in repair times and we do not yet know when we will be able to resume our normal service levels.
Our Canon Authorised Service Partners, are also facing similar challenges, so prior to sending in your product for repair we recommend you contact them in advance.
With this in mind, please consider if your repair is urgent as some courier services may also be impacted. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding and support, as we continue to review and address the situation. If you need assistance, calls & emails will continue to be handled as usual so please contact us
. We will update you as the situation develops.
COVID-19 Guidance for cleaning your Canon devices
As part of our ongoing support service, our engineers will endeavor to thoroughly clean a customers device, once they have completed their work.
Thereafter, we advise that the cleaning guidelines provided in the device manual are followed. (Manuals are available for download from the Canon support site
During the current situation of COVID-19, many customers have been asking for advice on the safest way to clean the most frequently touched areas of their devices. Therefore, Canon recommends the below cleaning instructions.
Please note: These cleaning guidelines do not guarantee the elimination of the Coronavirus from your devices. The effectiveness, of alcohol-based cleaners, should be checked with the manufacturer.
- Follow the required shut down process and disconnect the device from the mains supply before cleaning.
- Use a soft cloth soaked with an alcohol-based cleaner for disinfection. Wipe the device parts which users may touch, such as the numerical keys on operation panels, touch screens, covers and handles.
- Never spray alcohol, or any other disinfectants directly on areas where liquids may enter the device, such as the edges of touch screens or numerical keys. Be sure not to drip any liquid onto these areas.
- Depending on the type of alcohol or wiping method used, the printer exterior may become discoloured or lose colour, however, the printer function will not be affected.
- Please note that some commercial products such as wet wipes may contain non-alcoholic compositions and therefore are not recommended for use.
- Canon does not recommend any brand or manufacturer of alcohol-based cleaning products. However, it is recommended to use a cleaning product which contains a minimum of 60% alcohol. Please note that alcohol is a flammable liquid, therefore it should never be used near fire.
- Do not use alcohol-based cleaning products on image sensors for cameras or video lenses, as these have an external coating which could be damaged.